iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ wet buckle insertion method and bespoke pigs were developed at the request of an international pipe lay contractor for one of the largest field developments in the world. The full system including clamp, insertion tool and pigs were fully trialled, tested and witnessed by representatives of our client, main contractor and operator at our 6-acre site in Brompton on Swale.
The patented system, included the development of clamps, insertion tools and pigs, covering multiple sizes from 6” up to 18”, ensures very quick coupling to the recovered pipe following a wet buckle scenario. Seamless insertion of the pigs into the pipeline is necessary to minimise deployment costs into the severed ends of the pipeline. The easy of clamping and insertion ensures the very fastest turnaround and reduces delayed pipe lay times with huge knock on implications for projects costs related to vessel hire day rates to ensure that they are kept to the very minimum.
Wet Buckle Pig Insertion Tools
This new patented system can be used across a wide range of pipeline activities including:
- Offshore pipelay contingency pigging
- Topside insertion where no trap exists
- Laydown head insertion (ROV & Diver systems can be incorporated)
- Onshore & Offshore decommissioning activities
- Onshore planned or emergency pigging operations
- Safe, size-on-size insertion of pigs