Sphere flow tees are designed with a forged oversized tee, forged end reducers and a through pipe which is equal to the main pipeline internal diameter (I/D). The through pipe has a series of angled slots machined, ensuring the least resistance to the discs or cups of traversing pigs and minimum flow disturbance, equal to 1 or 1.5 times the branch diameter. Tees can be designed for flanged or weld end connections dependent upon client specification.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ offer fabrication in a full range of materials including carbon steels, stainless steels, duplex and solid inconel or monel overlay.
Benefits of Sphere Flow and Barred Tees
- Sphere tees are available with weld preparation ends
- and/or flanged ends
- Depending on application weld caps or forged rings are incorporated into the tee design
- Sphere tees can be designed and manufactured to
- most oil and gas industry recognised piping or pressure vessel codes
- Sphere tees are designed to ensure smooth transition through tees to prevent bypass and potential “stalling” of the sphere in the tee
- Sphere tee design overcomes potential operational problems through the life of the pipeline. Bars, on barred tees, have been known to detach and create obstructions
- Barred tees can also be designed and manufactured to the same international codes and standards