Pull Through Pigs are designed to be pulled through a pipeline using a wire/winch. Typically used on J-Tubes as the pipe has an open end to the sea. The Pull Through Pig is used to clean and gauge the pipe prior to a riser being installed.
The load rating of the pulling bar is typically sized to the load rating of the winch.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ Pull Trough Pigs can also be used when fitted with sealing discs and some means to propel the pig with fluid, to pull a cable through a pipeline.
Benefits of Pull Through Pigs
- Pulling eyes and optional swivel shackles can be validated by calculation, test and/or third-party certification
- PU seals and guide disc options
- Multi-diameter design options
- Cleaning brushes available in carbon steel, stainless steel or nylon options.
- Aggressive carbide stud cleaning options available for hard deposit removal
- Memory wire brush options available
- Segmented aluminium gauge plate options available
- Tracking by neodymium magnets and acoustic or electro-magnetic options available
- Full scale factory validation testing options