The launchers / receivers, commonly known as pig traps, easily allow the loading or unloading of pigs and spheres into or out of a pipeline. The design of the launchers and receivers engineered by iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ has developed over the years to ensure intrinsically safe, fast and efficient operation.
There are many names for the launcher / receiver tool, including Pig Trap or Scraper Trap. It is designed for the pigs and spheres to be inserted or retrieved from the pipeline in a safe manner which is efficient so the flow of the medium is not interrupted.
The Launcher / Receiver consists of a quick opening door which leads into a major section which is known as the main barrel which is where the pig / sphere is initially loaded. Following from this is a reducer section which is can be either eccentric or concentric which is used to transport the pig from the oversized section into the minor barrel diameter section, which is the same size as the pipeline and to which the pig is sized, for launching / receiving the pigs without effecting the product flow.
Parameters within the design of the launcher / receiver are important and can be categorised as the basic design parameters, including pressure and temperature of the medium, pipework design etc. and the functional design parameters, including design of the reducer, neck pipe, barrel etc. The experienced engineers at iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ are able to design the launcher / receiver to specific requirement in order for the manufacture to be completed in-house to exacting industry standards.
Benefits of Launchers and Receivers
- Access to or from pipelines
- Access and pipeline pressure are completed separated
- Speed, convenience and safety of opening and closing
- Internal storage position
- Converts pig / sphere from expanded state to compressed travelling state
- Includes or is associated with controlling pressure, flow and / or mechanical movement to give a positive driving force
- Safe and practical provisions for connecting with the pipeline
- Correct support so that the pipeline integrity is not compromised