Gauging pigs are typically used once the pipeline has been cleaned and all debris removed during pre-commissioning. The gauging pig run would indicate whether there is anything that could be protruding inside such as excessive pipeline ovality, dents, excessive weld penetration and potentially sticking valves.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ gauging pigs are usually fitted with aluminium plate or other materials dependent upon client specification. iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ can advise on gauge plate design/seal and guide disc configuration.
Benefits of Gauging Pigs
- Gauge plates can be fitted to most pig designs, including foam pigs on any pipeline size
- Typically manufactured from aluminium with a segmented design
- Designed to register a physical obstruction but not to damage the internals of the pipeline
- Gauge pigs can be run at any time an obstruction/protrusion is suspected
- Typically sized to 95% of smallest internal diameter though Client specification can be accommodated