The foam pigs or polly pigs are manufactured specifically for the pipeline and can be adapted to include transmitter housing, tow loops, gauge plates and magnets; we have even manufactured polly pig camera variations for internal inspection purposes.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ foam pigs have been developed from polyurethane foam materials which are beneficial in that wear and tear is reduced to the minimum. Sealing properties are always maintained to minimize sticking and the I/D size can reduce by up to 25% to take into account changing sizes in the pipeline; iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ has even developed special dual density polly foam pigs to assist in size reduction to accommodate dual diameter pipelines.
Foam pigs are generally used as disposable and maintenance free making them a good option for applications such as cleaning, swabbing, de-watering, product separation and drying in pipelines not originally designed for pigging operations. As an established polly pig manufacturer iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ produces a full range of bare foam pigs, fully coated foam pigs, criss cross foam pigs and brush pigs.
The density of the foam pig can be altered depending on the purpose; the general rule is that the greater the density the more wear and better performance the pig will have. However, there are certain pipeline, medium and applications that will require different densities.
Foam pigs are coated with polyurethane and can also be fitted with brushes for different applications based on client specific requirements. Although lightweight and easy to handle, after use they may require special handling as they will be full of the product in the pipeline.
Benefits of Foam Pigs
- Capable of travelling long distances, can travel up to 400km
- Maintenance free and disposable
- Up to 25% reduction through a pipeline
- Can be customised to meet client requirements
- Bespoke designs can accommodate up to 50% deductions in diameter
- Capable of negotiating short radius 90° bends and elbows
- Able to traverse bends, mitres, tees, wyes and various valve configurations
- Can be used on pipelines not originally designed for pigging activities
- Manufactured specifically for client specifications
- Carbon steel, stainless steel and nylon brush designs
- Abrasive carbide options available
- Bespoke polyurethane scraping teeth options available
- Magnetic, acoustic, electro-magnetic and radioactive source tracking options
- Compatible with iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ mini-internal camera system