iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ offers a vast range of products and services tailored for the cleaning of water intake pipelines to the global advanced water reuse, processing and desalination market. These include cleaning tools commonly referred to as pigs or scrapers together with ancillary equipment such as launching and receiving systems, pig handling equipment, pig diverters and pig passage or location tracking systems, ultrasonic flow meters and non-abrasive self-propelling pipeline water jetting systems.
Desalination is a well-established method of removing salts from seawater in order to produce process water, ultrapure or potable water. This is accomplished through using membranes (reverse osmosis and nanofiltration technology) and thermal processes (multi effect distillation, evaporation and crystallisation). The desalination process has a high energy requirement and consequently is more costly to produce.
Sea water intake pipes for desalination or power plants are normally very large in diameter and manufactured in high density polyethylene (HDPE) or glass reinforced plastic (GRP). Marine growth or biofouling can occur and build up creating problems of flow. Biofouling normally consists of algae, aquatic weeds, or marine invertebrates such as barnacles, clams, mussels, and other small organisms that can creep into the pipework system. Regular pigging of seawater intake pipes should remove internal marine growth or biofouling on the pipe wall and intake points which could retard performance of the pump and may eventually lead to plugging of the system.
Debris allowed to grow in pipelines can have a significant and detrimental effect on flow, this is particularly evident in large seawater intake pipelines where biofouling can greatly influence flow and turbulence.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ has been designing, manufacturing and testing integrated pigging systems for over 35 years. The company has extensive experience in the design, manufacture and full FAT testing from our 6-acre site in the UK and delivering worldwide. We have provided complete pigging systems for pigs and foams up to 90” in diameter including pig handling and loading systems including pig launchers and receivers where required or any combination can be accommodated.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ Solutions also offer a consultancy, which can advise on potential modifications and automations to clients existing facilities to improve pigs loading, handling and retrieval if required. We can also assist in measuring the effectiveness of the cleaning regime using our bespoke mapping system which can be mounted inside our pigs and foam pigs.
Benefits of Desalination pigs and handling equipment
- Integrated turnkey package bespoke to Client specification
- Bespoke launching, receiving systems and pig handling facilities
- Purpose designed pig options including bi-directional or foam pig options
- Full design, build and factory acceptance testing facilities
- Up to 25% reduction through a pipeline
- Can be customised to meet client requirements
- Manufactured specifically for client specifications
- Carbon steel, stainless steel and nylon brush designs
- Abrasive carbide options available
- Bespoke polyurethane scraping teeth options available
- Magnetic, acoustic, electro-magnetic and radioactive source pig tracking options
- Compatible with iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ internal integrated camera system/gyroscope/accelerometer to provide debris mapping options
- Pigging technical studies for existing facilities
- Ongoing technical support and maintenance options for Project lifetime peace of mind