The design philosophy of pipeline cleaning using cup pigs lies behind the need to pig in a single direction.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ can provide standard cup designs which can accommodate up to a 10% localised reduction in bore due to ovalities or dent or a 5% overall reduction in total bore. Alternative cup designs, such as the proven PROTEUS conical cup range, can accommodate a 20% reduction on total bore or 25% in a localised position. PROTEUS conical cups can be supplied from 2” through to 56” with standard or bespoke PCD to fit existing pig bodies if required.
Standard and PROTEUS conical cup pigs can range from 2, 3 or 4 drive cups which are used for high performance sealing and can be provided with a range of additional cleaning features. This design provides the most stable performance to assist in the removal of light deposits from pipe walls. This can be further enhanced in terms of cleaning ability by the addition of brushes.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ cup pigs can also incorporate extended sealing/pig body lengths to overcome extended sealing requirements due to extended lateral features such as wye junctions, check valves, subsea connection features or various combinations of tee connections, including sphere and barred tee options.
Benefits of Cup Pigs and Conical Cup Pigs
- Pipeline anomalies of up to 25% reduction in bore can be accommodated
- 2, 3 or 4 cup standard and conical options available
- Polylast AAA abrasive resistant systems mean that these pigs can withstand up to 1,000km distances
- Successful design for removing light deposits from the pipe wall
- High strength neodymium magnetic cleaning for removal of ferrous debris
- Radial and spring mounted brush options
- Spring mounted plough blades for wax or scale removal
- Pipeline gauging and data logging options
- Articulated dual module designs can be accommodated
- Check valve design options available
- Spring mounted support wheels
- Magnetic, acoustic, electro-magnetic and radioactive source tracking options