The CD52 Topsides Non-Intrusive Pig Signaller is designed to be highly reliable, effective and simple to use. Operated using the principles of magnetics, this device allows the accurate location and tracking of pigs in pipelines.
The equipment can be simply installed on pig launchers and receivers and pipelines from 6″ to 60″ and is preferably mounted on horizontal pipe work as the interface lever may not function properly on vertical or inclines pipe lines. The equipment base is 20″ or 508mm long.
The unit can be simply banded to the pipe work using a banding strap through the brackets at either end of the mounting base. Once installed, the band can be tensioned with the tensioning tool supplied with the equipment. Once tensioned the securing buckle needs to be permanently secured before operation.
The patented CD52 technology can detect transmitters or magnets mounted on the pig and relay their passage through the LCD display which clearly identifies date and time of passage. This information can also be remotely interfaced to PLC’s, SCADA, lights, horns or transmitted via satellite through intrinsically safe technology to mobiles or plc’s.
Benefits of CD52 Topsides Non-Intrusive Pig Signallers
- Simple, easy and quick to fit or remove from the pipeline
- Can be fitted to launchers or receivers
- Cost and disruption of hot tapping is avoided
- Avoidance of potential corrosion pitting and potential leak points
- Can be used to track and locate transmitters from competitive companies and high-strength neodymium magnets