iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ has a proven track record in designing, manufacturing and hydrostatic testing of abandonment plugs whether for a temporary contract or to provide a permanent plug for the pipeline.
The iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ abandonment plug is a development of the tried and tested high pressure plug design; equipped with the patented elastomer Posi-Seal™ and vice jaws that will grip into the pipe wall. Client specific requirements can incorporate the options of failsafe double grip-lock jaws together with gas-tight polyurethane Posi-seals™ to provide double block and bleed options. Abandonment plugs up to 24” and available in either mechanical or hydraulic versions dependent upon the method and location of deployment; all come complete with lifting beams for crane, fork-lift, diver or ROV safe handling.
Client led development includes the option with a larger centre bypass to allow pressure monitoring beyond the abandonment plug. Designed & manufactured to order, this type of plug can also be used to provide a “launcher” to cap the line pipe and conduct temporary pigging using the port to pressurise behind the pig. iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ have developed plugs from 6”ns and above to be manufactured with a 2” capped through port. Market leaders in this field of application, the company has developed an impressive track record in this type of plugging and are often specified by many major offshore operators and contractors.
Benefits of Abandonment Plugs
- iNPIPE PRODUCTS abandonment plugs can be supplied as either mechanical or hydraulically energised tools to cap open ended pipes
- Abandonment plugs offer a fast-track, proven solution for high, medium or low pressure isolation systems
- Bespoke design facility to ensure that iNPIPE PRODUCTS abandonment plugs do not damage the pipe including project specific jaw design, together with over-clamp design, if required to maintain the integrity of the pipeline
- iNPIPE PRODUCTS abandonment plug design can incorporate mechanical or hydraulically operated circuits with a mechanical lock-out function to ensure fail-safe operation. Full pressure monitoring, remote or local, can be accommodated if required
- Abandonment plugs can also be used as pig launching facilities by pre-loading pigs directly into the pipe, fitting the plug and then “launching” the pigs through the central port as required. Following product evaculation the central port can be used it introduce corrosion inhibiting chemicals or an inert gas
- Bespoke abandonment plug handling and loading cradles are available. A number of loading cradles are available from our extensive hire fleet or can be designed as project specific options
- Diver or ROV operated systems as required