- 28″ Black Powder Pigs
- 36” Secondary Pipeline Isolation Solution
- 36” & 48” Welding Pig / Piggable Plug
- 36” Condensate and Black Powder Removal Pigs
- 42” & 20” Pig Diverters
- 90″ Foam Pigs, Pig Launcher & Loading Tool
- API 10K Intrusive Pig Signallers
- Bespoke Pig Design Solution
- Bespoke Pig Pole / Pusher
- Bespoke Pipeline Isolation Solution
- Contingency Pig Loading Tool
- Hazardous Waste Decommissioning Pigs
- Inflatable Sphere Comparison
- Long Run Dual Diameter Foam Pigs
- Long Run Pipeline Pigs and Foams
- Online Replacement of Leaking Valve
- Pig Trials Dunlop Double Carcass Floating Hoses
- Pigging of Slurry Pipeline
- Site Operations: 36” NB Pipeline Cleaning
- Site Pigging Services & Equipment
- Piggable Temporary Isolation Systems
- Pipeline Isolation & Valve Removal Tool Under Pressure
- West Burton ‘B’ Power Station
- Site Operations: Pull-through Pig
- Abandonment Project Compression Plugs
- 24” Test Plug / Dewatering Tool
Case Study - Black Powder Pigs
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ was approached to provide a design and manufacture to remove Black Powder. Upon review of the details and discussion with the client, it was established that they had previously ran standard pigs. Based on the clients pigging reports shared, the previously selected tools (provided by others) had experienced excessive wear to the 4 to 7 o’clock position and brushes.
The client was obviously concerned with the level of wear and therefore limited cleaning efficency of the tools.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ approach was to ask questions on the history of the asset and based on our 30 plus years of experience proposed a design based on the pipeline specific characteristics. This included use of lightweight materials, bypass facility and jetting head design based on the type of debris present. Subsequently iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ was selected to provide bespoke designs.
During detailed design stage, the tools were weight optimised and bypass facilities were designed based on calculations considering the clients pipeline operating parameters.
The final design incorporated:
- Unique disc package configuration
- Jetting head system to create turbulence ahead of the pig
- High grate memory wire brush units
- High-tensile light-weight bodies
Following mobilisation to site the tools were launched as part of the clients’ normal operational pigging programs. Upon receipt after negotiation of the 56km pipeline length, the iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ tools had nominal wear to both discs and brushes but most importantly removed large volumes of debris.
Based on assessment of the disc wear, by the client, it was confirmed that the tools had travelled in a centralised plane, with no ‘nose-diving’.
Black-Powder is known to be highly abrasive and a growing concern for clients globally. iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ unique design and manufacturing capabilities enables the company to develop designs based on asset specific requirements and clients KPI’s to improve both asset integrity and product throughput.
iNPIPE PRODUCTS™ is an internationally recognised leader in the design and manufacture of pipeline pigging products, including foam pigs, cup pigs, bi-directional cleaning / gauging pigs, pig handling equipment, pig signalers, engineered solutions for pipeline isolation and joint testing, launching & receiving systems as well as bespoke pigging solutions based on specific client project requirements.